12 June 2011

Finding explanations in charity

This is so important. I didn't realise that I'd internalised it and a held-principle until relatively recently when confronted with people not doing it. It's always humbling and salutary (in the sense of salvation- and health- bearing) to look back at oneself and realise that one may have been guilty of, in this case, immature and uncharitable judgementalism. "It is a sign of maturity not to be scandalized and to try to find explanations in charity.” Of course, the ironic reflex of this is noticing the temptation to fall again into judgmentalism -this time of the judgmental!

7 Tips for Minding My Own Business | Psychology Today:

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...