04 September 2011

We crave creativity but reject creative ideas

Actually this is so true, now that I have seen it laid out in this report of the research, I recognise that (as someone a lot of people would characterise as 'creative') I have spent a lot of time in my life either trying to get people to give a creative idea a chance or to at least let me give it a go to see if it could work. So I think that they're onto something here (and yes, when I've been able to try stuff out, it has often 'worked' and when it hasn't it has often generated newer and better ideas).
Revealing the existence and nature of a bias against creativity can help explain why people might reject creative ideas and stifle scientific advancements, even in the face of strong intentions to the contrary. ... The field of creativity may need to shift its current focus from identifying how to generate more creative ideas to identify how to help innovative institutions recognize and accept creativity.


Why we crave creativity but reject creative ideas

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...