10 October 2011

Media habits of young people may make them drink more; What should be done?

I can remember, back in the 80's I used to get told that there was no evidence that what people watch significantly altered their behaviour. It seems that those days are gone:
Media habits of young people may make them drink more; What should be done?: There is a well-documented link between watching programmes that show alcohol, such as TV reality shows, and increased drinking
My position was based really on two things; one was the 'common sense' self observation that the things I fill my thoughts with tend to become the things that I seek out in real life and that I tend to notice and become involved with. This, it seemed to me, was pretty much what was endorsed by the apostle Paul as the basis for learning to focus our thoughts in what is wholesome and to eschew thinking centred in less-than-wholesome things.

I'm now also linking this with meditation disciplines which, among other things, seek to train us to be able to give attention rather than simply having it captured and to create positive thinking patterns rather than simply reactive and unwholesome...

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...