09 December 2011

Faith and Theology: A Sydney psalm


I still find myself considering a former colleague's challenge to produce a hymn that takes urban experience seriously. Well, not quite the same, but a good example of the kind of thing. Perhaps you might want also to look in on my own composition in a similarly urban vein.
Praise the Lord!
Praise him, all you trees on my street;
Praise him you TV aerials bending in the wind;
Praise him, parked cars glistening with rain;
Praise him, screeching hissing trains;
Praise him, bright clouds reflecting Sydney's lights;
Praise him you possums fighting on the roof;
Praise him, noisy M2 traffic;
Praise him from the streets and from the station,
Praise him high and low.
Let everything that makes noise praise the Lord:
Praise the Lord!
Faith and Theology: A Sydney psalm:

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...