03 February 2012

No Forgiveness Without Justice?

I think I tend to agree with Marina here:
Marina Cantacuzino: No Forgiveness Without Justice?:
I'd like to take justice away from its narrow adversarial focus and concentrate instead on how it much more broadly refers to the obligation to be fair to all people. That's because I believe in Restorative Justice which doesn't ask how can we punish the person who did the harm but rather facilitates a dialogue by asking how can we restore the relationships that were broken.

It also seems to me that a lot of the contemporary problems with atonement in sopme Christain circles revolve precisely around the failure to recall that it's more ultimately a personal thing not a forensic thing. Restorative justice with God! That's a pardigm we should be exploring. In fact it's one I'm trying to work on a bit myself.

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...