19 June 2006

TM or just M?

This is one of my 'someone else saying what I've been saying' posts [also here and in a way, here].
I’ve not been a regular meditator for many years. But I can drop my blood pressure significantly if I use my mantra for five minutes in a doctor’s office. And I can use it to help me get to sleep. YMMV, as they say in the car ads.
But is there anything special about the TM mantra? That’s a question this study does not address. What if any short nonsense word works? Or if a non-nonsense word works? If so, then it’s not “TM” that’s helping. Just “M.”

In fact, theistic meditation scores better still.
Transcendental Meditation :: TM Survey?:Filed in: , , ,

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...