Okay I'm getting into this a bit too -Maggi Dawn mentioned it, Steve Taylor originated the comment and various comments are posted. Having now read Steve's original comments [under the subtitle " Does the emperor have any new clothes?" I would have to say that I'm sympathetic -and I use a powerpoint substitute! However I'm trying to make sure that it's not just simply used as a quick and less-fussy way to change slides [a souped up OHP, if you like]. There are artistic possibilites and there is a question about whether it supports another priviledged medium [usually talking] or whether it can be used artistically. It has the power to present loops, animated gif's, pictures that support or 'critique' other content -it could be a somewhat more versitle slide projector. I guess the data projector can be a more versatile slide projector -could be intereesting possibilities for doing the layering stuff that those nice people at Visions do with slides -hmmmm.
Oh, and don't use m$ ppt go open source and get OpenOffice.org [for free!] -it even read and exports .ppt files.
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just Love -a book review
... Seemed like a book 'just up my street': I've found myself pondering a lot lately about the links between justice and love, ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
No comments:
Post a Comment