This report tells us what has been apparent to most people for a while; that your typical net user is no longer the 'needs-to-get-a-life' nerd of stereotypical fame. No we're people who have a social life, read books and generally watch less TV [except if like me the TV is on in the background as I surf -I just love lots of info channels at once].
My informal observation of our kids led me to think that maybe internet usage [a lot of it IRC] was drastically reducing hours in front of the tele. There's an interesting set of implications to be teased out and researched about media usage in the wired home. Then the question has to be asked -what will this plus the technologies of cable, TiVo etc do to broadcasting? -Narrowcasting? Perhaps. What happens when our favourite soaps are delivered via broadband+ connections, when wireless connectivity is normal and when screens get flat, cheap and ubiquitous?
Then I ask myself: what does this mean for Christian community and worship? Especially, it seems to me, when you're in cell churches .... ?
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just Love -a book review
... Seemed like a book 'just up my street': I've found myself pondering a lot lately about the links between justice and love, ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
No comments:
Post a Comment