Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
11 February 2004
Buffy -the new Dante? Hell, no.
Interesting brief comment on the state of hell. It does raise the issue that any of our talk about an afterlife is likely to be interpreted by many younger people against a background of Fluffy the Umpire-Sprayer, Millenium and films like Dogma or Stigmata. It makes me wonder whether we really need to overhaul our thinking and our language about such things in order to communicate more accurately; avoiding the sillinesses and hooking into the helpful. I don't think I've seen anything yet that does that. If you know differently, plesae tell me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
No comments:
Post a Comment