09 April 2004

Hydrogen?

Her's a report of a report that seems to indicate that it may be more energy expensive to produce hydrogen as a fuel than we'd get from it at the point of use. Not sure how to assess this article. There are a lot of questions raised which the article doesn't address but may be in the report. Like is this at current rates? What dofference does it make once the infrastructure is in place? Does it factor in the potential offered by 'on the spot' production through catalysis or similar? What about the fact that hydrogen could store other wose surplus and thus 'lost' energy from renewables such as tidal and wind and solar? I'm no expert, I'm waiting for the riposte before I write it off. Though you've got to take this seriously as a major report.

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...