In odd moments when I've a little time, I've tried to discover what Kabbalah is about. This article telss some interesting and some disturbing things in relation to its arguably most famous practitioner.
As far as I can tell, Kabbalah is a kind of gnosticism based on the idea of light at the beginning of all [links here to Sufism?].We are 'saved' by knwoing and acting upon the powers of the Tree of Life ... I'll stop there becasue I haven't read enough to get it clear in my head ... anyway have a look at this and ask yourself, what is it about Kabbalah that attracts Hollywood-ites and wannabes?
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
No comments:
Post a Comment