17 September 2004

TV hunt for parish priest

Telegraph | News |I think that my reaction to this was to cringe inwardly: it seems too much like asking the cameras in on to something that is too personal. I think that my difficulty with it is that it is so likely to be reflexive; the act of observation will change the things observed. So in a way it's unlikely to help. Now I'm no mediaphobe; I like the principle that the church should be telegenic and using the media well for internal communications and external. But somehow this feels all wrong. Maybe I'm wrong and it'll turn out to be a huge success and be an inspiration and help to thousands of those who love God and keep His commandments, but ... I don't know.

I'll not be applying.

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...