WorldChanging: Another World Is Here: Twelve Tipping Points: "What's most troubling is the manner in which such disruptions would very often trigger positive-feedback loops -- environmental changes which would in turn serve to accelerate the effects of global warming."
Useful introductory summary of two fo the tipping points from John Schellnhuber's development of twelve tipping points where small environmental effects could have big positive feedback effects which would accelerate climate changes. One is the greening of the Sahara but while this sounds good there are interesting benefits that ride on the Sahara being a desert and they would be lost. The other one summarised here is the effect on and of the monsoon. Interesting reading, and then you realise what it would mean and it becomes more than interesting.
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
No comments:
Post a Comment