18 October 2004

YoLG: Recycle your second hand books.

I said I'd mention, every so often what was happening with me and the Year of Living Generously. Well I've signed up for tow things -I was so excited by the ideas. You see When in the summer we moved house, it was to a smaller house which had much less space for books, so we've been trying to get rid of them. My rule has been get rid of two before you can buy another one. Some I'm selling some have just gone to Oxfam. So here are two ideas [one of which I've blogged before but never did anything about ]. One is the Book Crossing idea: get the book an indent at BookCrossing and then leave it somewhere to be picked up. The finder then reads and logs the book and sets it free again. So my mission is to identify potential candidates for "Free Bookie" and do it.

The other thing is to sell and buy books from Green Metropolis. who give 5p for every book sold to Woodland trust. So I shall be signing up some of my books to sell there and perhaps buy there too.

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...