Guardian Unlimited | World dispatch | :
It's a commonplace on this blog that nuke power's a bad idea because of the security issues. And this incident shows how easy it would be for a hijack to take place and it also reminds us of the possible consequences of accidents -another factor; it's not only power station accidents or leaks that need to be factored in.
"Activists said the accident showed how difficult it was to guarantee the security of the cargo as it travelled along the nation's rail network.
'A train could hit something at any moment, and there's nothing that the SNCF nor the organisations which are meant to provide security can do about it,' the local Green leader, Serge Billon, said."
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
No comments:
Post a Comment