For me, as a linguist, this is fascinating, I'll certainly be keeping my eyes open for more on this kind of topic. It's like there are a few main roots to our knowing and creating and they provide templates and metaphors for most of what we do ...
"comparing the rhythm and melody of English classical music from composers such as Elgar, Holst and Vaughan Williams, with that of French composers including Debussy, Faur� and Roussel. 'The music differs in just the same way as the languages,' said Dr Patel. 'It is as if the music carries an imprint of the composer's language.'"
Guardian Unlimited | The Guardian | Great composers scored on language:
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
No comments:
Post a Comment