In prison his main motivation was survival. "I decided from the beginning that they could have my body in prison but my spirit, mind, brain, I would keep free, under my control; that would be my way out. I used my Christianity as my defence, my barrier." He would sing hymns to himself, he said. He was visited by a priest but there was a glass between them and they were only allowed to communicate by exchanging notes. After five years, he decided that he wanted to meet the priest in person or not at all. The meetings ended.
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
15 November 2004
Mordechai Vanunu interview
Guardian Unlimited | Special reports | Exclusive interview: Duncan Campbell meets Mordechai Vanunu
This guy is an Anglican Christian recently released from a long sentence in Israel because he blew the whistle on what Israel was up to in the nuke weapons game. Interview here. He's currently living in St.George's cathedral, Jerusalem.
In prison his main motivation was survival. "I decided from the beginning that they could have my body in prison but my spirit, mind, brain, I would keep free, under my control; that would be my way out. I used my Christianity as my defence, my barrier." He would sing hymns to himself, he said. He was visited by a priest but there was a glass between them and they were only allowed to communicate by exchanging notes. After five years, he decided that he wanted to meet the priest in person or not at all. The meetings ended.
In prison his main motivation was survival. "I decided from the beginning that they could have my body in prison but my spirit, mind, brain, I would keep free, under my control; that would be my way out. I used my Christianity as my defence, my barrier." He would sing hymns to himself, he said. He was visited by a priest but there was a glass between them and they were only allowed to communicate by exchanging notes. After five years, he decided that he wanted to meet the priest in person or not at all. The meetings ended.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
No comments:
Post a Comment