What? The short answer is the last paragraph of the article: "LifeGem of Chicago, Illinois, the book reveals, will take a few grains of your cremated remains, subject them to high pressure and temperature, and you will emerge from the process, 18 weeks later, as a sparkling one-carat diamond" -I seem to recall seeing that portrayed in an advert on TV recently, while I knew it was technically possible, I didn't realise that someone actually offered it as a service. Wonder how much it costs...
Anyway much fun to be had in this article suggesting all sorts of things to do before you die. You never know, perhaps some of them are a good idea. Some of them carry health warnings or at least 'be careful -don't attemtp this without a suitable adult to supervise'.
Guardian Unlimited | Life | Turn yourself into a diamond: tips from science on a good life, and death:
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
No comments:
Post a Comment