Brian Littrell, formerly of the Backstreet Boys has signed to Christian rock label Reunion Records and the Guardian online carries a slightly witty article about it which try as it might cant' quite managed to take the rip all the time and even gets to be grudgingly respectful at one or two points. Do check out the appaling lyrics link; it's gruesome.
My favourite comment was the last: "The good news about Brian fills us with hope. Maybe one day he'll fulfill a long-held desire of ours, and do a rock version of The Song of Solomon. 'A bundle of myrrh is my well-beloved unto me; he shall lie all night betwixt my breasts.' That Solomon, he really had Got It Going On."
Amen.
Guardian Unlimited | Today's issues | Christian rock:
"
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
No comments:
Post a Comment