Guardian Unlimited Film | News | Deicide dropped from Pullman adaptation:
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
09 December 2004
Deicide dropped
Yep: apparently the killing of god has been toned down in the film they're making of His Dark Materials. It's because they're worried that it might stir up a negative reaction in a huge potential audience [let the reader understand]. Personally I don't have a problem with it as it stands since the god that dies is clearly not the creator and sustainer of all being but some jumped up power who is clearly a created being. Anyway, the interesting thing [given Pullman's testy reactions in his Third Way interview [you'll need to do a search on their site "Pullman" did it for me] is that Pullman is quite happy with a broader interpretation of the Authority "as representing any repressive establishment, be it political, totalitarian, fundamental or communist, gave him a wide licence when it came to depicting the character on screen." Quite so, and 'repressive' isn't one of the names of the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ; mistaken identity if anyone thinks so ...

Guardian Unlimited Film | News | Deicide dropped from Pullman adaptation:
Guardian Unlimited Film | News | Deicide dropped from Pullman adaptation:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
No comments:
Post a Comment