I think that this article is probably right in saying "business is hampered by analytical methodologies that fail to accurately capture and value the full spectrum of costs and benefits. Boundaries of consideration are typically drawn too narrowly, whether to exclude factors that are considered 'someone else's problem,' or because it's simply easier to do it that way. Multiple benefits and synergistic impacts are commonly ignored, because familiar financial analysis tools commonly ignore them." It's all about finding mechanisms to internalise externalities and to encourage long-term cost management. It seems to me that if we can do that many issues will resolve themselves.
WorldChanging: Another World Is Here: Thinking About Sustainable Business:
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just Love -a book review
... Seemed like a book 'just up my street': I've found myself pondering a lot lately about the links between justice and love, ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
No comments:
Post a Comment