About 14 months ago a good friend of ours died, she was a spot older than I am and an inveterate hoarder and a reasonable amount of her life was on line too. I remember another friend of hers and ours spending several hours with her laptop trying to make sure that as much as possible of her online identity was properly wound up and securely so. It set me thinking; what do I need to do to make sure that my relicts can wind up my online affairs if I pop me clogs unexpectedly?
I need to make sure that they know my regular haunts and the passwords and log-ons I use. Ditto as many less regular haunts as possible. But there is a security issue in all of that. I don't really want to keep all of that stuff in one place on or off-line, do I? So where or how can I make sure that it is done? I guess leaving it in my will -but I don't want to have to be updating that every few months or depositing details in the safe-deposit box, do I? I'd love to know if anyone else has some good solutions.
Slashdot | What Happens To Your Data When You Die?
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
No comments:
Post a Comment