I love this article for its opening up for our wonderment and appreciation just how 'clever' life is. I note that at least two of the inventions also are counterpoints to the 'competition'/'nature red in tooth and claw' thesis. Multicellularity, symbiosis etc are all about co--operation rather than competition, and they are very significant without them we wouldn't be here. Co-operation is arguably the more significant feature of life. Which is a bit of a sock in the jaw to those who use evolution ideologically as a justification for inhumane economic systems and certain kinds of conservative social thinking. It also, therefore means that antievolutionist Christians have one less reason to be distrustful of the general theory.
New Scientist Life's top 10 greatest inventions - Features
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
No comments:
Post a Comment