27 May 2005

'The Monastery' Reprise

It was a truly wonderful set of programmes -I was bowled over by the scene where one of the participants is touched by the spirit as his spiritual director blesses him at the end of their final session; awesomely moving. I definitely hope they will put it out on DVD. I was also very interested and impressed by the wisdom of the Abbot and they way the monks handled the conflict between two of the participants. I am not surprised that many people have been very moved by this trilogy of programmes. I don't know whether my USAmerican readers will get a chance at seeing this over there, but if you do; watch it, it's amazing. Meanwhile all is not lost because these pages give you quite a lot of insight and further ideas and they record something of the stories of the men involved in the programme -read Tony's story
.BBC 'The Monastery'

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...