Essentially the nub of the argument is this: "Where there are subsidies, you find people essentially manufacturing environments in which to grow food, because they're getting paid $2 for every grain of rice they produce (or whatnot). The huge profit margins make it economical to import water from far, far away, or build elaborate systems to 'trick' crops into growing, and so on."
The (environmental) case against agro-subsidies | Gristmill: The environmental news blog | Grist Magazine:
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
No comments:
Post a Comment