28 June 2005

Mood LED Lighting for worship?


I'm a bit of a sucker for these kinds of things; I like to find uses for them in worship settings. "LED technology with the beauty and simplicity of candlelight."
For me the real issue is whether it would be usable ceremonially. Can I use it as part of the opening of a service? If it's not a living flame, does it lose its emotional and sign value?
Then you have to put it all back together with articles like this one talking about veladoras [prayer candles]. I suspect that there is something 'primal' about the real flame thing that doesn't transfer to a cool LED substitute, even if a part of me wishes it did.
Still, for outdoor use it has a lot going for it.
Philips Lighting - Lighting for the Home:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LED Rope lights are also cool, can lasts up to 100000 hours (120V) .

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...