Polling seesm to show that ordinary US citizens are far more concerned about climate than their government and this seems to be a cross party thing and not particularly linked to gender. Let's hope the message percolates through.
THere is concern about the atmosphere ... "Asked the best way to address this problem, 93 percent want the government to require the auto industry to improve gas mileage, an opinion that showed no gender or political gap.
This puts the electorate squarely at odds with Congress, which recently rejected a proposal to make SUVs and minivans more fuel efficient.
'This is a wake-up call to Washington. The political class appears to be out of touch with their constituents,' Esty said."
ALTERNATIVE ENERGY BLOG - Solar-Energy-Wind-Power.com: Energy Independence:
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
No comments:
Post a Comment