Looks like despite the good signs that have recently been emerging from the USA, the Bush administration still has its head in the sand:
"...Washington officials:
� Removed all reference to the fact that climate change is a 'serious threat to human health and to ecosystems';
� Deleted any suggestion that global warming has already started;
� Expunged any suggestion that human activity was to blame for climate change.
Among the sentences removed was the following: 'Unless urgent action is taken, there will be a growing risk of adverse effects on economic development, human health and the natural environment, and of irreversible long-term changes to our climate and oceans.'"
This is getting beyond a joke; it's all our futures they are jeapardising. Pray like mad ...
The Observer | International | New US move to spoil climate accord:
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
No comments:
Post a Comment