"Every single calorie we eat is backed by at least a calorie of oil, more like ten." and this article gives us a history of human farming and then shows why and how we've ended up eating oil. I've said a few times on this blog that we eat oil, if you're puzzled then this article will tell you what you need to know. Warning, it is a scary contemplation. However as world Christians in a globalising world we should make ourselves acquinted with such facts. How can we pray 'Give us today our daily bread' without bearing in mind what it costs to answer that prayer?
The Oil We Eat (Harpers.org):
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
No comments:
Post a Comment