I find this disturbing.
"a group of Christians fed up with American laws they believe are at odds with the Bible is beginning to move to its target state of South Carolina."
Good thing the early church didn't think and act in this way: how would the gospel have been shared? Shows that we're witnessing a mainly political ideology rather than something based in the New Testament.
WorldNetDaily: Fed-up Christian families moving toward 'secession':
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
1 comment:
Whispers of Utah?
Actually, this an other trends towards cultural secessionism make me wonder if this can be taken as an indicator of a third stage in the devolution of Christendom? First we had the imperial Christendom of the Holy Roman Empire, with the reformation we saw the emergence of nation-state Christendoms, and now we have tribal-regional Christendoms emerging within nations.
Imagine a world where you can go to limit your business to people you find in a Christian business directory, restrict your reading to fiction from Christian bookstores, go to the Christian gym, go for days out to Christian theme parks and otherwise avoid having to deal with spiritual lepars (non-Christians). Oh, that world is already here in some places.
You know, a friend of mine was recently chatting to his pentecostal neighbour about visitors to church and this guy admitted that they don't like visitors coming because they contaminate the church and make them feel uncomfortable! Sometimes I wonder if these 'churches' are worshipping a different god who just happens to share the same name as mine.
Post a Comment