To consider:
Interconnectedness -- planetary systems do not exist in isolation, and changes made to one system will have implications for other systems.
Diversity -- on balance, a diverse ecosystem is more resilient and flexible, better able to adapt to natural changes.
Foresight -- consideration of effects of changes should embrace the planetary pace, not the human pace.
Integration -- as human societies are part of the Earth's systems, changes made should take into consideration effects on human communities, and the needs of human communities should not be discounted or dismissed when considering overall impacts.
Expansion of Options -- on balance, choices made should increase the number of options and opportunities for future generations, not reduce them.
Reversibility -- changes made to planetary systems should be done in a way that allows for reconsideration if unintended and unexpected consequences arise."
WorldChanging: Another World Is Here: Terraforming Earth, Part III: Geoethical Principles: "roposed core principles: [:geoethics:]
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
No comments:
Post a Comment