I've been meaning to share this for a week or more. It's a retrospective of human civilisation /history. It's quite provocative as it concludes;
"Hunter-gatherers practiced the most successful and logest-lasting life style in human history. In contrast, we’re still struggling with the mess into which agriculture has tumbled us, and it’s unclear whether we can solve it."
Wonder what you think, if there are any good sites that take a different view of this kind of evidence, I'd love to know. Meanwhile, I'm adding this in my head to my recent reading of "The Mind in the Cave" and remembering an interesting series of conversations with a member of academic staff at Bradford university. He was supervising a doctoral thesis proposing that the reason behind the shift from hunter-gatherer lifestyles to agriculture was religious ...
The Worst Mistake in the History of the Human Race: "Forced to choose between limiting population or trying to increase food production, we chose the latter and ended up with starvation, warfare, and tyranny.
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
No comments:
Post a Comment