"economist Adam Lerrick, who teaches at the Carnegie-Mellon University in the US, argued recently in his testimony before the US Congress: 'For decades, the multilateral agencies have played a shell game with what they privately acknowledged were worthless developing-nation loans by recirculating funding on fantasy balance-sheets. The money is long gone, the debt is uncollectable, and rich lenders and international financial institutions must move on from denial to a new life as donors.'"
And then there is this to consider:
there is little reason why poor farmers and nurses should pay taxes to reward international institutions that lent recklessly to a government mired in corruption or at war.
Guardian Unlimited | Economic dispatch | Writing off the debt:[debt]
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
No comments:
Post a Comment