"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! By his great mercy he has given us a new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,and into an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you"
This passage is not one that I use with the paternoster rosary but is an extra for those who use a 5 'section' Dominican rosary. However, I have used it and it was included because it is praise to Father God. It kind of spans, by language and topic, the Hebrew and the Greek worlds. Our being children of God is from the action of God in Christ and it is a living hope. So I find myself hallowing God's name because of the resurrection and the fact that this interruption into history of the life and action of God guarantees for us life that has no expiry date. Our hope for life beyond the grave is not in some notion of 'natural' immortality, but of God's recreation of us according to his all-knowing of us. Our experience would be to die and next to know an awakening in a God-soaked environment where entropy is no more.
Hallowed be the name of the everliving, eversharing God.
Next bit ...
last bit ...
Crosswalk.com - 1 Peter 1:3-4:
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
No comments:
Post a Comment