George Monbiot does some back-of-an-envelope figures on UK energy needs over the next few decades and where they may be met from. A disturbing analysis...
“We needed 41.9, so our shortfall is some 23 gigawatts at peak demand, and 34.8GW of total capacity. (The need for spare capacity could be greatly reduced if we managed demand rather than supply, as the great free-thinker on energy systems, Walt Patterson, has suggested)”
However, there didn't seem to be so much on decentralised network grid generation (maybe that's what Walt Patterson is advocating?) but I wonder if that might make a difference?
George Monbiot ? How Much Energy Do We Have?:Filed in: nuclear_power, CO2, environment, costs, energy, UK, policy
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
No comments:
Post a Comment