This is thought-provoking.
"Vice President Dick Cheney, appearing with former Georgia Senator Zell Miller before a uniformed military audience in Texas, suggested that Jesus’ 'love your enemy' message was a thinly veiled liberal euphemism that meant Christ wants to cut the defense budget and reduce the federal funding for the body armor badly needed by our brave young men and women in harm’s way.
'Let he without sin cast the first spitball,' Cheney mocked, to a standing ovation from the troops."
And it has Dubya's amendment of the Prayer:
"And never forgive the terrorists, who trespass against us.
And lead us not into appeasement,
and deliver the U.S. from evil.
Amen."
There's a lot in this that bears a lot of further reflection. Commended
Thomas Paine's Corner: The Crucifixion of Christ, American Style:
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
No comments:
Post a Comment