"This summer, San Francisco became the first city in the US to enact legislation requiring the use full-cost accounting principles to guide city purchasing. Some $600 million in spending a year ? from toilet paper to computers ? will now be made according to criteria that considers not just materials and transportation costs, but also environmental and health costs as well. "
Adbusters : San Francisco moves towards a true cost model:
environment, industry, ecology, capitalism, USA, pollution, true_cost,
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
No comments:
Post a Comment