08 February 2006

'I will Slow something down for Lent 2006' - PledgeBank

"'I will Slow something down for Lent 2006 but only if 20 other people will too.'
The idea is instead of or in addition to a fast for Lent, we should do a slow. How you would do this is up to you: there are some ideas at lentenslow wiki but the basic idea as to come up with something that goes against the spirit and tendency of modern life to speed us up. Someone once characterised westerners as suffering from 'hurry sickness', this is an invitation to make this Lent a period of recuperation and partial recovery."
It's a pledgebank project so I'm looking for people to sign up in the next 3 weeks [ie before Ash Wednesday] to join me. I will come clean and say that I haven't finally decided what or how I will slow down. The current ideas are to eat one meal a day under normal circumstances without distractions like other people, TV, a newspaper, and simply taste my food withouth doing something else. Another possibility is to go for a walk at lunch time, just to enjoy the scenary and notice what's what and get a bit of exercise.
If you would consider joining me [please!?] then visit the link under the title of this posting, you don't even have to let your name be public ...
Deadline to sign up by: 28th February 2006
'I will Slow something down for Lent 2006' - PledgeBank:

No comments:

A review: One With The Father

I'm a bit of a fan of medieval mysteries especially where there are monastic and religious dimensions to them. That's what drew me t...