It's not a new idea [even if the author may think it is] but it is worthwhile noting this discussion starter article on 'church as art collective'. There's a lot to commend the model which was much vaunted in AltWorship circles in the late 1990's. The downside of the model is the high degree of time commitment it requires, a factor which led me to develop worship in a more at-the-time participatory direction in Chaplaincy [our community didn't have the time or resources to be a kind of art collective]; that is the service itself is maximally participatory in a multi-sensory, multiple intelligence sort of way.
The art of being church | open source theology
Filed in: art, church, governance, altworship
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
No comments:
Post a Comment