30 September 2006

Between you and ...

... ME! not 'I'.
Someone has flagged up a little grammatical 'hypercorrection' issue that I also find irksome. Read this little article and regain the courage to use 'me' after 'and'.
phrases like "between you and I"* (NB: by linguistic convention nonstandard forms are tagged with an asterisk (*).) Of course, it should be "between you and me." The first person personal pronoun "I" is used mostly as a grammatical subject; it is labelled the subjective form. "Me" is generally used as a grammatical object, and represents the objective form.

asphaleia: Objective Truth:
Filed in: , , ,

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...