A parliamentary committee seems to evidence that there is still some sense about civil liberties being talked in some of the corridors of power. "Andrew Dismore, the committee's Labour chairman, demanded: 'Where is the supporting evidence to extend the detention period? As far as we've heard there has not yet been a case where 28 days was inadequate.'"
Blow to Brown plan to extend detention beyond 28 days | Terror threat to Britain | Guardian Unlimited:
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just Love -a book review
... Seemed like a book 'just up my street': I've found myself pondering a lot lately about the links between justice and love, ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
Some readers will recall that I'm keen in principle on a thorough review of the way we do dioceses in the CofE. I'm not starry-eyed...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
No comments:
Post a Comment