there are concerns about the increase in energy required to power super-high speeds.
Critics also say Britain is too small to warrant spending large extra sums on speeding up journeys and say money would be better spent on increasing capacity on Britain's trains, not speed. 'If you speed up movement people will take advantage of that to travel further,' said David Metz, visiting professor at University College London and a former chief scientist at the Department for Transport.
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
19 August 2007
Faster trains for UK
I'm cautiously optimistic about thisas faster trains will help disable the 'case' for short haul flights. However, there are trade-offs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
No comments:
Post a Comment