JK Rowling was "Christian by conviction, is Christian in her mode of living, even in her way of writing."
Rowling said as much herself in an interview with Vancouver Sun in 2000. It "seems to offend the religious right far worse than if I said I thought there was no God," she commented, and added that it suited her not discuss her faith too freely because, otherwise, "I think the intelligent reader, whether 10 or 60, will be able to guess what's coming in the books."
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
03 August 2007
JK Rowling believes ...
I missed this but somehow it doesn't surprise me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
2 comments:
Yes, well I think she's significantly more intelligent that her average critic.
Yeah, and having read The Deathly Hallows, now, I'm sure she's right. I guessed correctly about some of the plot elements. Like the deal between Snape and Dumbledore. My horcruxes idea was off though: however, I still think that self-sacrifice would have made an interesting 'power source' for horcruxes.
Earlier post: http://nouslife.blogspot.com/2005/08/harry-potter-and-half-blood-prince.html
Post a Comment