I fear that this is likely to be replicated in Britain sometime. "Nooses have been looped over a tree at the University of Maryland, knotted to the end of stage ropes at a suburban Memphis theater, slung on the doorknob of a black professor’s office at Columbia University in New York, tossed in a janitor’s closet at a Long Island police station, stuffed in the duffel bag of a black Coast Guard cadet aboard an historic ship and even draped around the neck of a black Barbie doll in a Pittsburgh suburb. The hangman’s rope is so prolific, some say, that it threatens to replace the Nazi swastika and the Ku Klux Klan cross as the nation’s reigning symbol of hate"
It 'feels' much more chilling. I think that's because it is more explicitly a death-threat than a burning cross ever was or the swastika.
Expert says the noose could become the new burning cross:
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
No comments:
Post a Comment