18 December 2007

Desmond Morris on women running things

I'm offering this with no comment because I'm still thinking about it but think that I'd like to be able to find it again sometime. "women ran society, men were in the hunting ground. The sad thing for women is that, over a period of time, the hunting grounds became the city centres, and so instead of being on the periphery, men were now in the centre of the cities running things. The cities were the hunting grounds, although now the hunting was metaphorical. Urbanisation favoured the male."

Stephen Moss on Desmond Morris, the man who wrote the groundbreaking book The Naked Ape | By genre | Guardian Unlimited Books:

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...