21 December 2007

health myths

I only just bit my tongue the other day as yet another person referenced the idea that we only use 10% of our brains and how great or dangerous we'd be if we used the rest. It doesn't, of course, stack up with brain research. And I'd tried that 2 litres of water a day thing, and found that I went to the loo more often, so it did seem to me that I was merely eliminating the extra, which made me suspect that I didn't really need it all. It seems that I was right. Go read this in order to debug yourself of some more myths.
Heard the one about reading in dim light being bad for your eyes? It's just a myth | Science | The Guardian

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...