22 December 2007

Tony Blair converts to Catholicism

Not sure what I think about this ...
"Mr Blair's conversion was confirmed by his official spokesman.
The Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr Rowan Williams, wished the former prime minister well in his spiritual journey.
'Tony Blair has my prayers and good wishes as he takes this step in his Christian pilgrimage,' he said.
'A great Catholic writer of the last century said that the only reason for moving from one Christian family to another was to deepen one's relationship with God.
'I pray that this will be the result of Tony Blair's decision in his personal life.'
Mr Blair was received into the Catholic Church by the Archbishop of Westminster, Cardinal Cormac Murphy-O'Connor, in the chapel of the Archbishop's House in Westminster last night, a church spokesman confirmed.
Cardinal Murphy-O'CoTony Blair converts to Catholicism | The Guardian | Guardian Unlimited:nnor said: 'I am very glad to welcome Tony Blair into the Catholic Church."

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...