This deserves more thinking about. Definitely. And it's Matt Redman talking, so even more interesting.
YouTube - Worship songs aren't for the blokes. Matt Redman comments.
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
1 comment:
Spot on - it's back to context and culture. (And I'm not an especially "blokey" bloke...) I'm not sure that "old" hymns are any more of an answer, but there are all sorts of issues wrapped up in this, even something about the musical pitch of contemporary chorus writing. (I personally find I either have to sing in harmonies or uncomfortably low, for example). Isn't there some (apocryphal?) evidence relating the pitch of singing with endorphin release? It's certainly something I've heard on several ocassions...
Post a Comment