Okay, this is old news now, but I've only just been able to get back to blogging after a few days otherwise engaged. Here's the fount of the news Fresh Expressions - home: "Fresh Expressions' Team Leader and Archbishops' Missioner, Steven Croft is to be the next Bishop of Sheffield."
I'm pleased, having worked with Steve in Halifax and having cause to be grateful for his intervention in a situation a few years ago which enabled my family not to be homeless (yes it was really that serious), I'm pleased that someone I have happily tipped for a bishopric has reached a position where his gifts may be able to effect good missional changes within the CofE. I pray that he will be able to make wise decisions and exercise inspiring leadership with continued integrity.
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
1 comment:
Amen to that!
Post a Comment