At least that's how I sometimes feel after reading an article like this: Flatscreen TVs turn up the heat on climate - earth - 24 October 2008 - New Scientist Environment: And here's why "Nitrogen trifluoride (NF3) is 17,000 times more effective at warming the atmosphere than an equal mass of carbon dioxide. Yet the Kyoto protocol does not set limits on NF3 emissions because it was made in tiny amounts when the protocol was agreed in 1997. The colourless, odourless, non-flammable gas is used by the electronics industry mainly for equipment cleaning, for etching microcircuits and for manufacturing liquid-crystal flat-panel displays and thin-film photovoltaic cells. It was brought in as a replacement for perfluorocarbon gases (PFCs), a class of gases which are regulated by the Kyoto protocol. It was not until earlier this year that its potential as a powerful greenhouse gas was brought to public attention"
Anyone it the frying pan fancy joining us in the fire?
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
No comments:
Post a Comment